Jumbo!
I have had two language classes now! Which means I know just a little bit. Many things are written down in my notebook and I am sure that I will have a chance to practice alot when I actually start at my project next Monday.
Yesterday, I spent some time visiting with Mary, the "housekeeper." She is very nice and does a great job keeping the place clean and making us good meals. I taught her how to play Sudoku and she enjoys it very much. We have been eating a lot of cabbage, beans, potatoes for lunch and dinner, and bananas, pineapples, eggs, and toast in the mornings.
The hot water has not been working in the house, so many of us have opted for warm water bucket showers, which definitely beats the cold shower experiences that I remember from Ecuador.
I went with Pasor Ian to visit a new center yesterday. They are interested in possibly partnering with him to bring volunteers into their project.
Today, I have taken my first matatu (public 12 - 15 passenger van ride) into Nairobi, and we are briefly visiting the internet cafe. This one processes faster than the last one I used. We will then check into a cell phone, and go to the bank for $ exchange.
That's all for now!
Thanks for your prayers!
Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment