Tomorrow I leave for safari!!!!
I am very excited and a little apprehensive. The travel company seems a bit up in the air -- things are planned very differently here in Kenya compared to the US. (TIA -- This is Africa, a common chant we say when we have to be a little more flexible than we may be used to:-)
I am also praying that I can find some friendly Americans along the way who would let me use their electrical adapter so that I can recharge my camera on the way -- mine does not work, and I can't find any local merchants who will sell them. Maybe my guide/driver will know where to take me.
I still don't even know what time I am leaving tomorrow or from where? I will find out after dinner tonight -- things here are very last minute, which is challenging my personality of being a planner and liking to know the details...please pray for my patience!!!! :-)
I will get back on Wed, 28, so don't get too excited or worried if you don't hear from me until then.
Pray that I will have great interactions with my driver(s) and fellow safari companions that I will meet tomorrow, and may change throught the cou course of the week -- because I will be visiting at least 3 different parks. People whoo have come back from safari say that the Wildebeast are allready in migration throught the Masai Mara park -- definitely an answer to one of my personal prayers. I can't wait to see this dream come true!!!!!!!
Today, I had the opportunity to work woith the smaller children as the older children competed their exams for second marking period -- their year is broken into three terms. They will be on break until September, so I will probably not see most of the kids that I have been teaching a tthe school again, unless they come to visit me!
I willl however get to meet the children from the orphanage who are usually already at the public school when I arrive at the orphanage, and who return home after I leave. I plan on taking some coloring projects, books, harmonicas, and giving many trumpet lessons during my last week.
I was able to take quite a bit of food into the orphanage today -- Rose is always very thankful and commented on how much people are showing how much " they really love us that much!"
Today, little Kate fell asleep on my lap after I fed her lunch -- she was so tired that she was atually falling asleep chewing her food. I had to keep tapping her and playing with her fingers and arms to try to keep her awake. I was told that she wakes up very early (5:30 am) and usually won't take a nap. But she fell asleep on my lap, and I successfully moved her to a bed -- she woke up a little , and I just rubbed her back and told her it was OK until she fell back to sleep (only about 1 minute) and then I snuck out! It was an amazing accomplishment. She is adorable!!!
I also had the young children working with sidewalk chalk, drawing numbers and shapes, and pictures. I also worked with the older children on adding and subtracting with carrying and borrowing -- they are starting to get it!
Well, I need to get to the grocery store and then walk home before it gets too dark, and it looks like I might get rained on on the way home.....1
Thanks again for all of your prayers and comments along the way!
God bless!!!
Lynn
Hi Sweetie very excited for you I really hope you get a charger for your camrea or can buy one to take some pics with.Im sure all the plans will come together,Kinda laughing I know how your a planer I remember watching a moving where they said TIA all the time.Be safe and God Bless you
ReplyDeleteLove Dave
We will be prayin' for ya. Hope your weather is good and that you enjoy all of what God has in store for you. Even if you can't take pictures, the memories will never be far away.
ReplyDeleteLove Ya
Mom and Dad
Welcome back...we've missed you. Hope your safari was all you had hoped it would be and more!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing what you and the LORD have done over this past week...
Love, Mom and Dad
He alone is my rock and my salvation, he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Psalm 62:5 I guess you're still on TIA time. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Linda